Arriving in Kathmandu for the first time can be a culture shock for even the most seasoned traveller.
Many people feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of trekking options and organisations on offer.
If you need free, unbiased information and a calm space to plan your trip, visit KEEP’s Visitor Information Centre in the heart of Thamel.
- FREE trekking information from our experts on
- Where to trek
- Mountain safety
- How to be an environmentally friendly trekker
- How to leave a positive cultural impact on Nepal
- FREE trekkers logs – up to date information and recommendations from people who
- have just come back from a trip
- FREE embassy registration service
- FREE daily videos and slide shows about key issues such as porters’ welfare
- Eco-friendly fair-trade trekking supplies including biodegradable soap/shampoo,
- refillable water bottles and water purification solutions, waterproof ‘Go-bags’ (garbage
- bags) and a range of maps and guidebooks
- Safe water re-fill station – say no to disposable bottles!
- A well-equipped library
- Plus meet other travellers over a cup of traditional Nepali masala chai (spiced tea) and
- some momo (steamed dumplings) in our Green Café